Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Blog 22: Silly Patent- Thong Diaper

Silly Patent #1- Thong Diaper 
US D539422 S1

Please refer to the Patent for all the details: https://www.google.com/patents/USD539422?dq=D539422&ei=TF4bVYr4H4q2oQTCqoHwBg

If you look at the actual patent details you will notice that all the provided were the following images and description of the images. There were no real claims being made. I thought that was interesting since most patents clearly write out every single detail and aspect of their product. However, they only provided the minimal. Although this idea seems completely ridiculous because no one would buy a thong diaper as it would be incredibly uncomfortable and useless, it is still non-obvious and novel! Thus, it was accepted and patented. 



FIG. 1 is a perspective view of the thong diaper in full lines.
FIG. 2 is a top plan view of the thong diaper.
FIG. 3 is a bottom plan view thereof.
FIG. 4 is a left side elevational view thereof.
FIG. 5 is a right side elevational view thereof.
FIG. 6 is a front elevational view thereof; and,
FIG. 7 is a rear elevational view thereof.








2 comments:

  1. Hi Vruti,

    Another great post! I agree that this is novel and non-obvious but also ridiculous! I would personally feel very uncomfortable if I had to put my child in a "thong diaper". But again, I enjoyed that you added in multiple figures-because I am not familiar with this, the figures gave me a good representation of the actual product. Additionally, I really like how concise you were! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a ridiculous patent. I don't know why anyone would use this. That is probably why it is novel and non obvious. Great post.

    ReplyDelete