Monday, May 4, 2015

Blog 35: Importance of Social Media and Online Presence

Now, I have a much better understanding how to work a blog and create engaging content that will allow others to want to interact. In addition, I really loved learning how to maintain my YouTube channel because it was so interesting to be able to talk and generate video content, which is a lot harder to do than print content! Overall, I have been able to start my online presence through these platforms, which I will touch upon next!

Many times in class Professor Lavian told us that everything is moving online, so creating our social media presence is becoming even more important. Later when recruiters search my name on Google they will be able to find blog posts, tweets, and youtube clips of me talking about Patents. This is really beneficial when applying for jobs or any job related manner.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Vruti,

    Great post and insight about social media and online presence! I like how you applied what Dr. Lavian said in class about how everything is moving online to a more digital method, and I agree.

    Creating our social media presence is becoming even more important, though it did seem weird for me at first. Besides, professionalism, why do you think social media presence is important?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The online presence that you have created is a huge plus when you go to apply for jobs. Employers can get a better understanding of what they are getting due to the videos and blogs that you have uploaded. You did a great job describing how these blog posts and youtube videos have benefitted you. I like to see myself come up on Google search too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vruti, Great job with this post as well. I think the points you raised about increasing your social media presence is very interesting. I think having these blog posts for recruiters to find will be very useful in the future for you too! The knowledge you gained is just as important as this asset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vruti,
    I really like this blog post. I too was one of those people who was somewhat opposed to having a presence on social media, but I think you make the point very well that the world is changing and having a presence on the internet is somewhat inevitable. As a result I agree that its better that we control our image and this class really helped me too with that.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vruti! Prior to taking IEOR 190G, I have never actually taken a class that required me to maintain a blog and comment on my peers' posts. This is definitely a new experience for me, and I agree with you that it is really quite amazing because I am able to start my online presence through these platforms. It would be pretty amazing if my future employers can make a google search about me and find my blog. This is definitely beneficial for everyone!

    ReplyDelete