Friday, January 30, 2015

Blog 2: Top 10 Inventions

I chose my top 10 inventions based on how big the impact, how creative the idea, how useful in everyday life, and how much traction the invention received. Obviously there are many important inventions in the world such as the Printing Press, Electricity, the Light Bulb, Sewage, and many more. But I chose these inventions because they made a big impact on our modern society. 

Invention 1: Airplane 
The airplane has revolutionized the way we travel from place to place. It has allowed people and goods to travel great distances, which were impossible before. Airplanes have allowed businesses to go international and improved job opportunities. It has also improved trading between countries, making it easier and faster. Airplanes have greatly contributed to the spread of culture, religion, ideas, and education. 

Invention 2: Microscale 3D Printing 
Using multiple materials, 3D printing is allowing sets to create things that were impossible before. Now biological tissue with blood vessels can be created, which could even lead to artificial organs in the future. 

Invention 3: GPS 
The GPS easily tracks where you are and gives you the correct information and directions for your desired location. Now you can even view directions for walking, taking a car, bus, etc. Thanks to the GPS, you will never get lost! 

Invention 4: Refrigerator 
The refrigerator has improves storage of food that could usually go bad in a few days. Now people can trade better because food will not go bad as easily. Now meals can be mad beforehand and stored for later without going bad easily. It has completed revolutionized the food industry

Invention 5: Agricultural Drones 
New agricultural drones with advanced sensors and picture taking functions give farmers new ways to increase yields and reduce crop damage. Moreover, this close monitoring could improve water and pest management. 

Invention 6: De-emulsifying Agents 
This is really important because de-emulsifying agents separate crude oil from salt, sulfur, and water. Without them most of the oil pumped would have been to corrosive for pipelines to even transport.

Invention 7: Prosthetic Limbs
Prosthetics can provide functional or cosmetic benefits to those who lost a body part. Now people are able to walk, fun, and even participate in athletic events because of this new technological advancement.

Invention 8: Navigation Bracelet for the Blind
This bracelet uses GPS, voice commands, audio, and haptic feedback to provide the vlid with a level of independence that is currently impossible for many.

Invention 9: Facial Recognition Security
As compared to other biometrics systems using fingerprint access, facial recognition has a distinct advantage because of its non-contact process. Facial recognition has drastically improved security!

Invention 10: Contact Lens with Blood Sugar Level Tracker
Google's new contact lenses monitor blood sugar levels. By monitoring diabetics' tears for glucose, it will give you real time data on your levels. This new advancement is going to change both wearable technologies and healthcare!






10 comments:

  1. Hi Vruti,

    You focus quite a bit on modern technologies, very specific ones at that. I would suggest looking bigger (which I see you've already done in your updated blog!), because inventions should have greater shelf life than a few days of glamour, and while things like navigation bracelets do hold promise, I suggest waiting longer to see their actual impact.

    With that said, I like your insights on de-emulsifying agents. Never would have thought how much impact these anti-soap chemicals would have on our energy/materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I liked how all of your inventions had a modern focus. It was easy to follow along and see the overall reasoning behind each invention. The prosthetic limb was a great addition to list; I never would have thought about it myself. For your next post and vlog, I do feel like talking about some of the more "obvious" important inventions would make it easier on you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vruti! Thoroughly enjoyed watching your video and reading your post and thought it was awesome when I saw that we have a lot of the same inventions on our list. I think that it was really interesting listening to your reasoning behind putting these specific inventions on the top ten list. One of the coolest things on your list to me was your addition of prosthetic limbs - so important today yet it totally slipped my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have different ideas here than most blogs I've seen. I am interested in agriculture drones because I have this notion that agriculture/farming could benefit from modern ideas of technology. Will you share these drones? Also, I think it is very early to call some of these top 10 inventions of all time, I think we will have to wait hundreds of years to really see if 3d printing, agriculture drones, and facial recognition trump some of the pillars of technology we use every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    Awesome job on your blogpost. I truly enjoyed reading through your thought processes and learning why you chose certain inventions over others.

    Thanks for a great blogpost. I would suggest that you also focus upon medical technologies that may have drastically improved the levels of diagnosis and treatment in current-day practices.

    All in all, great post! I truly loved it.

    Best,
    Alankrita Dayal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vruti, great picks! You are really clear and concise in the way you explain your top ten choices. I found your choice of De-emulsifying Agents quite interesting because I had no idea what that meant. For sure from reading your blog post, I learned many new things. I had no idea that Google was inventing a blood sugar level tracker contact lens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vruti,

    I thought some of your ideas were super creative. I would have never thought of agricultural drones! Prosthetic legs are also a great invention. I also really enjoyed your reasoning behind why you chose these inventions. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Vruti,

    Great idea of agricultural drones! Navigation bracelets for blind are also great innovation. I could never thought about that and I liked how your focus on top 10 innovations were based on modern day inventions because I mostly focused on inventions that were build ages ago. I really enjoyed reading your reasonings behind the modern top 10 inventions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Vruti,

    Nice to meet you. Good job on your first assignment! Your #8 invention really caught my eye, and I'm excited to see how this technology will advance in the future to further assist blind individuals. Overall, most of your inventions are very impactful, but unique and interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vruti,

    Great list of inventions - I particularly liked how you included agricultural drones as one of your inventions. I had never thought of the applicability of this invention to the agricultural field, but I see through your analysis now how extremely important it is to our society today!

    ReplyDelete